If you’ve been shopping around for hair extensions, you might have noticed the overwhelming number of online hair extension retailers.
And even though this is great in terms of choice, it can make shopping for extensions a little bit daunting.
What’s more, many companies claim to offer the best quality on the market, and it can be hard to sort what’s true from fiction.
So, to assist you, we’ve shared our honest reviews of the six most popular hair extension brands. This way, you can make an informed decision the next time you’re looking for quality hair extensions.
The brand carries a range of gorgeous hair extensions spanning from seamless clip-ins and luxury halo hair extensions to clip-in ponytails or buns. They also offer volume bundles in case you’re looking to add extra volume to your look. The extensions come in over 30 different colors ranging from Jet Black to Ash Blonde and Natural Red.
- Free standard shipping on all U.S. orders.
- Customers praise the brand online for its excellent customer service. The team is very responsive and always provides useful guidance about the products.
- The Halo hair extensions are high quality and make for a beautiful look.
- The wide range of shades available means that the extensions perfectly blend with any natural hair color.
- Long-lasting hair extensions.
- For the clip-in extensions, the clip-on parts are very sturdy, and extra clips are provided in case some of the clips come off.
- Unfortunately, the brand doesn’t offer pre-curled or waved hair. So if you want beachy waves or a curly ponytail, you’ll have to wave and style the extensions yourself.
- Shipping isn’t free on sample swatches.
- The clip-in extensions are a bit thin at the bottom.
- If you don’t live in the U.S., you might have to pay for shipping.
KCY (Kinky Curly Yaki) is a U.S. manufacturer of natural textured hair extensions specifically designed to seamlessly blend with black women’s hair. KCY’s range features 100% virgin human hair clip-ins, ponytails, and wefted hair extensions. The collection comes in 6 different textures, including coils, curls, kinks, and straight hair to fit any style and preference.
- Texture samples available.
- Extensions are easy to use.
- High-quality silk base closure.
- The clips are sturdy.
- Premium quality extensions with minimal shedding.
- Some customers report that the clips are popping up on some of the batches.
- Curls don’t always hold well.
- High maintenance extensions.
- Curly hair extensions tend to be very frizzy.
- No return or exchange policy at the moment.
Donna Bella Hair
Donna Bella Hair boasts an impressive range of over 1000 products, including accessories. They provide 100% professional Remy hair extensions as well as ready-to-wear halo and clip-in extensions.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a glamorous professional look, you can shop their professional range, which features tape-in, hybrid weft, kera-link, I-link, and flat-tip styles. These products come in a variety of shades and tones, and for the kera-links and I-links, the extensions are available in wavy and curly textures.
The ready-to-wear range is made up of 70% Remy hair, features halo and clip-ins, and comes in over 50 different shades. The extensions all have a straight texture.
- Possibility to purchase hair insurance to cover for any damage other than wear and tear.
- Strong selection of products.
- The professional range is high-quality.
- The free standard shipping only applies for orders over $175.
- Slow shipping is a recurring online complaint.
- Many customers mention that some professional hair extensions tend to easily tangle and highlight a lack of consistency in quality between batches.
- The customer service is not responsive.
- Many customers complain about the tape-ins low quality and report that the tapes fall out after the first wash.
- Quality standards have recently dropped.
Cashmere Hair Extensions
Cashmere Hair Extensions were made popular when the two owners were featured on Shark Tank in 2013. Since then, the brand has enjoyed growing popularity.
Cashmere Hair extensions consist of 100% Remy and real human clip-ins. Within the range, you’ll find classic clip-ins, which are made of 100% Remy Indian hair, thinner seamless extensions, ponytail clip-ins, and volumizer wefts. The hair extensions come in a variety of shades and tones and feature four different lengths. Note that all the extensions have a straight texture.
- Free U.S. shipping.
- Easy to clip in.
- The clips are well-stitched and don’t slip out.
- Luxurious and soft.
- Premium quality.
- Thick and full hair extensions.
- 60-day return or exchange policy.
- Color match service and extension samples provided to match before purchasing.
- Customers have to pay shipping for return or exchange.
- The quality can vary between batches, with some customers reporting that their extensions shed and tangle easily.
- Customer service is not always responsive.
Bellami Hair is one of the biggest hair extension companies in the world and has gained a lot of traction on social media over the last few years.
The company’s range features clip-ins and permanent hair extensions. The clip hair extensions collection features clip-ins, synthetic and human hair ponytails, volume wefts, and clip-in bangs.
The permanent collection includes tape-ins, keratin tips, I-tips, and sew-in hair extensions. These all come in a straight texture.
However, if you’re after some waves and curly extensions, you can shop the Body Wave collection, including volume wefts, tape-ins, keratin-tips, or I-tips.
The extensions are available in over 40 different shades and the brand even has a balayage range.
- Live chat available to all customers Monday to Friday from 7 am to 4 pm PDT.
- Thick extensions throughout the entire length of hair.
- The extensions hold curls well.
- Free economy shipping in the U.S. and over a certain amount on international orders.
- Many customers praise the quality of the products, which are soft and look natural.
- Wide range of color options and tones available.
- Responsive and easily accessible customer service.
- Fast shipping.
- These extensions are high maintenance and need to be combed often to avoid tangling.
- Clip-in extensions are thin at the bottom.
- For some of the batches, the colors are different from what is on the website.
- Lack of consistency in quality between batches across the range.
Mayvenn’s range features 100% virgin clip-in and tape-in hair extensions. They come in various lengths and textures, including Straight, Yaki Straight, Kinky Straight, Body Wave, Loose Wave, Water Wave, Deep Wave, and Curly. What’s more, their website lets you refine the type of extensions you’re after even more with a choice of Brazilian, Peruvian, Malaysian, or Indian hair. The hair extensions are available in a few different colors depending on the types of extensions. Some of these colors include Natural Black, Caramel Brown, Dark Blonde with dark roots, Jetblack, and Golden Ash Brown.
- Wide selection of hair extension textures and origins.
- Free standard shipping on all orders in the U.S.
- Buy three bundles and get a free install with a Mayvenn certified stylist.
- 30-day exchange guarantee.
- High-quality, silky, and bouncy hair.
- Thick and full hair extensions.
- The brand often runs promotions.
- The hair extensions tend to easily tangle and can shed.
- The extensions don’t hold curls very well.
- Customers can’t book with their certified stylist directly for free. They need to go through Mayvenn’s customer service to book on their behalf, which makes the booking process lengthy.
Femme + Fierce Hair
At Femme + Fierce Hair, we put quality before all else. As a hair extension brand specializing in textured hair extensions, we offer a variety of styles, from curls and waves to straight hair. All our extensions are 100% human hair that’s ethically sourced and safe to wash, heat style, and even color. Plus, it’s hard to beat our customer service.
- Variety of styles to choose from, including curly, wavy, and straight.
- S.-based company with fast shipping for most orders.
- Get 25% off your first order with a special coupon code.
- Friendly customer service.
- Newer brand with fewer reviews.
- Smaller, more curated collection of styles to choose from.
Looking for more premium hair extension options?
At Femme + Fierce, we are committed to providing our valued customers with high-quality products. Our 100% raw Indian extensions are ethically sourced from rural communities and are handled with the best care. And whether you’re after wavy, curly, or straight hair, we’ve got you covered, so don’t hesitate to browse our range here.